I am Guilty-A Poem


I am Guilty
Of memorizing his eyes, above Your word that dispels lies
I am guilty 
Of knowing the very curves of his lips and yet trip in every aspect of a life of purity
I am guilty
Of marveling in the sweet warmth of his touch, above Your touch of righteousness
I am guilty
Of singing his praise in the crevices of my soul ,above singing praise to the lover of my soul
I am guilty
Of giving my body as an offering of lust, above the knowledge of Your suffering that bought me at a high price.
I am guilty
Of having my every thought consumed by him, above the unadulterated want of You
I am guilty
Of being his slave, instead of living in joyous service of You
I am guilty
And to be judge by You
You would find me guilty too
But a price you payed
The Christ man made
To make a way for this heart gone astray
So a choice I must make
To be found laying naked in his arms or to return to the embrace of Your all sufficient grace
What will the verdict be?
Am I guilty?

Comments

Popular Posts